BIGOS MANAGEMENT IS PROUD TO BE NAMED A STAR TRIBUNE TOP WORKPLACE in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III - Park Pointe/Gables
St. Louis Park, MN
Monday - Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
Some nights and weekends for on-call rotation
Scheduled dates and hours subject to change at employer discretion
The Maintenance Technician III is responsible for performing a variety of related duties including equipment installation troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance in order to ensure the property and grounds are meeting the company’s established standards and any applicable laws. The Maintenance Technician III works directly with the Property Manager to insure that all vacated apartments are made “rent-ready” and work orders are completed as quickly as possible and that all common repairs (such as touch-up painting and fixture replacement, etc.) are identified and fixed quickly. Incumbent will be required to have a Pool Operator’s certification and Boilers License, Special Class if needed for the sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
- Complete all maintenance work order requests.
- Monitor and maintain all building systems (HVAC, Plumbing, Boilers etc) and perform needed repairs as assigned
- Assist the Property Manager in completing unit-to-unit inspections
- Perform all site-level preventative maintenance duties assigned by the Zone Building Engineer or Property Manager
- Communicate with Zone Building Engineer and the Maintenance Technician I regarding major site repairs, remodels or capital projects and work with them directly, when needed
- Work collaboratively with vendor teams on identified maintenance projects
- Work with Property Manager and peer group to maintain an adequate inventory of hand tools, parts and supplies in order to maintain a complete workshop area
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager to any unusual circumstances or high priority issues that need immediate attention
- Perform groundskeeping tasks (as needed, based on needs of property)
- Responsible for removal of snow from site walkways and driveways during the winter months.
- Maintain positive and professional manner with all residents, vendors and the public
- Attend relevant training courses, including ensuring all required certifications are current
- Comply with all safety program requirements and work to promote safety in the workplace
- Will be responsible for rotating on-call support and will respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes
- All other duties as assigned by the Property Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician in a residential apartment setting or equivalent experience
- AA degree or certification in mechanical, HVAC, electrical or industrial maintenance (preferred)
- Knowledge and on-the-job experience in the areas of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, appliance repair, building key systems, lawn irrigation systems, and pool and sauna operations
- Requires a Certified Pool Operators License (within 6 months of hire)
- Requires a Special Boiler’s License and EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification (within 6 months of hire)
- Must have reliable transportation and valid state driver’s license and proof of insurance as travel between sites is required.
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous manner when dealing with co-workers and the public.
- Fluent in English and skilled in oral and written communication
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to respond to on-call emergency calls within 30 minutes
: Hammer, Screwdriver (Phillips and Slotted), Crescent Wrench, Channellock Pliers, Pipe Wrench, Allen Wrench, Utility Knife, Flashlight, Hacksaw, Nut Drive Set, ¼” Socket Set, Set of Star Bits, Wire Stripper, Torpedo level, Inspection Mirror
Tape Measure, GFI Receptacle Tester, Handheld Infrared/Laser Thermometer, Basic Multimeter
Personal Protective Equipment
(provided by Bigos Management Inc.):
Safety Gloves, Safety Eyewear