BIGOS MANAGEMENT IS PROUD TO BE NAMED A STAR TRIBUNE TOP WORKPLACE in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
Courtesy Guard (Overnight) - Downtown St. Paul
Thursday - Saturday: 8:30pm - 7:00am
Sunday: 5:30pm - 4:00am
Scheduled days and hours subject to change at employer discretion.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Sign on Bonus
- Competitive benefit package, including HSA employer contribution, and starting 1st of the month after hire
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Company paid benefits including Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Educational Assistance options
- Rent discount
- Life Time Fitness Membership discount
The Courtesy Guard is a key member of the property management team. The Courtesy Guard provides superior customer service to residents, vendors and co-workers requiring assistance with various details related to the apartment community. The role also is responsible for monitoring the premise for disturbances, lockouts or infractions of the community rules.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provides excellent customer service by having a professional and service-oriented demeanor.
- Parking ramp management including addressing entry/exit problems, car counts, etc.
- Regular delivery of notices to resident’s doors
- Assists residents with after hours package pick-ups.
- Circulates among visitors and residents to create a feeling of hospitality and strong resident support.
- Efficiently handles and resolves resident or vendor concerns, requests for assistance if needed.
- Patrols and monitors building premise to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Provides safe escort for individuals when requested.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Assists in investigations of any unusual incidents as assigned by the Courtesy Guard Supervisor.
- Assesses situations and appropriately escalates as needed to Property Management and/or police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Informs Courtesy Guard Supervisor of any and all issues on or near the property.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Individual must be 21 years of age or older
- Experience in law enforcement or building security is preferred
- 1+ year of customer service experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English with strong skills in oral and written communication
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in a clear, courteous manner when dealing with co-workers and the public
- Decision-making, problem solving, and time management skill
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when handling stressful situations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; strength to lift and carry items weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed material and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in-person and over the telephone. Must be able to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions, including climbing stairs and walking the hallways and common areas.
Personal Protective Equipment: Yaktrax
Work Environment: On property, property grounds, apartment units, roof tops