BIGOS MANAGEMENT IS PROUD TO BE NAMED A STAR TRIBUNE TOP WORKPLACE in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
This position is a temporary part-time position that is needed from June - September.
Saturday and Sunday: 2:30pm - 10:30pm
The Building Services Associate is a key member of the property management team. The Building Services Associate provides superior customer service to residents, vendors and co-workers requiring assistance with various details related to the apartment community. The role also is responsible for monitoring the premise for disturbances, lockouts or infractions of the community rules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Keep recreational and pool areas clean and free of debris.
- Keep storage areas clean and supplies, parts and equipment cared for properly.
- Water, weed and plant ornamental shrubs, trees, plants and flowers.
- Circulates among visitors and residents to create a feeling of hospitality and strong resident support.
- Monitor pool area for trespassing and house rules violations.
- Efficiently handles and resolves resident or vendor concerns or requests for assistance.
- Patrols and monitors building premise to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Writes reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Assists in investigations of any unusual incidents.
- Assesses situations and appropriately escalates as needed to Property Management and/or police or fire department in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Keeps Property Management aware of any and all issues on or near the property.
- Assists residents with reserving and accessing amenities and general customer service needs.
- Provides excellent customer service by having a professional and service-oriented demeanor.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 1+ year of customer service experience
Required Education or Training:
- Demonstrated ability to think quickly to solve practical problems
- Demonstrated ability to handle tasks with self-direction.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when handling stressful situations
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous manner when dealing with residents and public
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Fluent in English with strong skills in oral and written communication
High school diploma or GED. Experience in law enforcement or building security is preferred.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; strength to lift and carry items weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed material and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in-person and over the telephone. Must be able to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions, including climbing stairs and walking the hallways and common areas.