BIGOS MANAGEMENT IS PROUD TO BE NAMED A STAR TRIBUNE TOP WORKPLACE in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
*$2,500 Sign On Bonus*
Monday - Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm
Some nights and weekends for on-call rotation
Scheduled dates and hours subject to change at employer discretion
BENEFITS AND PERKS
The Roving Maintenance Technician III is responsible for performing a variety of related duties including equipment installation troubleshooting, repairs, and preventative maintenance in order to ensure the property and grounds are meeting the company’s established standards and any applicable laws. The Roving Maintenance Technician III will partner with the Property Manager and ZBE for the properties they are assigned to at any given time. The Roving Maintenance Technician III works directly with the Property Manager to ensure that all vacated apartments are made “rent-ready”, work orders are completed as quickly as possible and that all common repairs (such as touch-up painting and fixture replacement, etc.) are identified and fixed quickly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Competitive benefit package, including HSA employer contribution, and starting 1st of the month after hire
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Company paid benefits including Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Educational Assistance options
- Rent discount
- Life Time Fitness Membership discount
Education and Experience
- Travel to and work at multiple sites within the Bigos Management property portfolio to provide back-up support for any and all Maintenance Technicians within Bigos Management
- Will be responsible for rotating on-call support and will respond to emergency calls within 30 minutes
- Monitor and maintain all building systems (HVAC, Plumbing, Boilers etc) and perform needed repairs as assigned
- Assist the Property Manager in completing unit-to-unit inspections as needed
- Perform all site-level preventative maintenance duties assigned by the Zone Building Engineer or Property Manager
- Assist the Zone Building Engineer in providing technical training for site Maintenance Technicians.
- Communicate with Zone Building Engineer and the Maintenance Technician I regarding major site repairs, remodels or capital projects and work with them directly, when needed
- Work collaboratively with vendor teams on identified maintenance projects
- Work with Property Manager and peer group to maintain an adequate inventory of hand tools, parts and supplies in order to maintain a complete workshop area
- Responsible for alerting the Property Manager to any unusual circumstances or high priority issues that need immediate attention
- Interact in a positive manner with staff, residents, vendors, contractors and the community.
- Comply with all safety program requirements and work to promote safety in the workplace.
- Make sure all activities at the sites remain compliant with all local, state, federal and Fair Housing laws.
- Attend relevant training courses, including ensuring all required certifications are current
- Prepare and submit summary report at the end of each property assignment.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician in a residential apartment setting or equivalent experience
- AA degree or certification in mechanical, HVAC, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred
- Knowledge and on-the-job experience in the areas of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, appliance repair, building key systems, lawn irrigation systems, and pool and sauna operations
- Requires a Certified Pool Operators License (within 6 months of hire)
- Requires a Special Boiler’s License (within 6 months of hire)
- Requires a Type II EPA Refrigerant Certification (within 6 months of hire)
- Fluent in English and skilled in oral and written communication
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in a clear, courteous manner when dealing with staff, residents, and the public
- Decision-making, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to build authentic relationships, including maintaining trust, effectively listening, and demonstrating patience and empathy.
- Ability to manage, coach and lead teams
Must be able to work in a physically demanding environment. Frequent kneeling, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving through-out day. Regular lifting of more than 20 lbs. and frequent lifting of up to 80 lbs. with assistance. May encounter heights, ladders, uneven walking surface, stairs, confined spaces, dust, gas fumes from power equipment and noise. Exposed to external weather conditions, drafts and interior temperature changes. Will regularly handle supplies and tools with sharp edges.
Must be able to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions, including climbing stairs and walking the hallways and common areas.
Hand Tools: Hammer, Screwdriver (Phillips and Slotted), Crescent Wrench, Channellock Pliers, Pipe Wrench, Allen Wrench, Utility Knife, Flashlight, Hacksaw, Nut Drive Set, ¼” Socket Set, Set of Star Bits, Wire Stripper, Torpedo level, Inspection Mirror
Power Tools: Cordless Drill
Measuring Devices: Tape Measure, GFI Receptacle Tester, Handheld Infrared/Laser Thermometer, Basic Multimeter
Personal Protective Equipment: Safety gloves, safety eyewear, ear plugs, Yaktrax, lockout/tagout kit
Work Environment: On property, property grounds, apartment units, roof tops
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to diverse work environments
- Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously with little direction
- Knowledge of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions
- Must have reliable transportation and valid state driver’s license and proof of insurance
- The ability to respond to on-call emergency calls within 30 minutes