BIGOS MANAGEMENT IS PROUD TO BE NAMED A STAR TRIBUNE TOP WORKPLACE IN 2021 FOR THE 7th TIME
A great, entry-level maintenance position with a growing company.
Willow Pond - Burnsville, MN
Tuesday - Saturday (25 hours a week)
Shift hours can be flexible
The Maintenance Tech IV is responsible for providing day-to-day maintenance, cleaning and groundskeeping support at Bigos properties. This work is done to ensure that the property and grounds meet the company’s established standards and any applicable laws. The Maintenance Technician IV works directly with the Property Manager and other onsite maintenance to ensure that all vacated apartments are made “rent-ready” and work orders are completed as quickly as possible and that all common area repairs (such as touch-up painting and fixture replacement, etc.) are identified and fixed quickly.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform all groundskeeping tasks for the property (chemical treatments, landscaping, weeding, etc.)
- Perform common area cleaning and repairs
- Responsible for removal of snow from site walkways and driveways during the winter months
- Review all existing work orders with other onsite maintenance and assist with completion in a timely basis
- Work directly with other onsite Maintenance Technicians to keep an adequate inventory of hand tools, parts and supplies in order to maintain a complete workshop area
- Maintain positive and professional manner with all residents, vendors and the public
- Comply with all safety program requirements and work to promote safety in the workplace
- All other duties as assigned by the Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 0-2 years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician or Maintenance Assistant in a residential apartment setting or equivalent experience
- Certified Pool Operators License recommended (where applicable within 6 months of hire)
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English and skilled in oral and written communication
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous manner when dealing with co-workers and the public
- Decision-making, problem solving, and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously with self-direction
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Must be able to work in a physically demanding environment. Frequent kneeling, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving through-out day. Regular lifting of more than 20 lbs. and frequent lifting of up to 80 lbs. with assistance. May encounter heights, ladders, uneven walking surface, stairs, confined spaces, dust, gas fumes from power equipment and noise. Exposed to external weather conditions, drafts and interior temperature changes. Will regularly handle supplies and tools with sharp edges.
Must be able to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions, including climbing stairs and walking the hallways and common areas.
Personal Protective Equipment: Safety gloves, safety eyewear, ear plugs, Yaktrax
Work Environment: On property, property grounds, apartment units, roof tops
Hand Tools: Hammer, Screwdriver (Phillips and Slotted), Crescent Wrench, Channellock Pliers, Utility Knife, Flashlight,
Power Tools: Cordless Drill (recommended)
Measuring Devices: Tape Measure